Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Battle of the Schools... FINAL POST

THE WINNER!


The winner of the four schools is listed in my Glog above. I hope you enjoyed my journey, because I know that I sure did. I learned so much about science integration in the different types of schools! 


The rankings are as follows:


4th place goes to Private Schools. Even though I have a strong faith, I still believe that they way in which the Catholic schools combine religion and science is not the best for the students. It can get into a lot of confusing topics.


3rd place goes to the Public schools. Following the Iowa Core will get students to where they need to be in terms of learning the basics and a little bit above, but when compared to the rest, it just might not be enough.


2nd place goes to the Montessori schools. These schools ran a great race! I love the way they allow the students to discover and explore on their own. The way they encourage experimentation in science is just what students need. There just happened to be a school that was even better...


1st place goes to the STEM schools. My Glog shows a clip from the white house news about how STEM school are our countries future in science. 

1 comment:

  1. Great video! Very interesting to see. I wish more people would be as positive as the gentlemen in the video were about science! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete